Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Everyone


My husband gave me a corsage to wear for the day. My son picked it out and delivered it last evening. It was a very nice pale pink pair of orchids and a few small pink flowers surrounding them. With a ribbon of course.

Not too many people wear a corsage for M-Day anymore. I believe I get to because my son works for the flower shop. I remember Mother's Day years ago when we all had a tulip from Grandma A's yard to wear. The rule was "if your Mother is living, you get a red or some other colored flower, if your mother has passed away, you wear a white flower." I do believe that everyone in church on that Sunday abided by that rule. Don't tell me any different, I won't listen. In our family only Grandma A wore the white flower. Until I was about 10 years old or so, that's the way it was, and then I remember the first Mother's Day when our own Mother wore a white flower. She didn't want to, but it was the thing to do.

The photo is from my backyard of the black and white tulips I have. If you had all been here, there would have been a tulip for each of us.

Hope your kids took care of you this Mother's Day.

Love, Shirley

1 comment:

Janell said...

Very nice tulips.