Friday, March 20, 2009

3/20/09

First day of spring YAHOO. I gained .2 BOOHOO. If I could just get through the weekends without a gain that I have to work off I could probably be in much better shape.

The house next to us was sold last fall. The guy that bought it passed away so his son and a friend have been in the process of fixing it up. It does need a lot of work as the lady that lived there was a divorced lady with grown children and no money for upkeep. I would really be courious to see the updates they are doing. They haven't been around much, but are over there today. Some of the more interesting shows on TV are on HGTV where they "flip" houses or the ones where they get ready to sell. If they would come in to my house, I'm sure they would have a huge pile of stuff that I would have to get rid of.
George Carlin had a routine that said something about a house is a place to keep your stuff while you are making money to buy more stuff. This requires you to buy a bigger house so you can buy more stuff. Only GC could make it funny.

Just some musings while I look out the window on the first day of spring that is kind of cloudy, windy and a little bit chilly (around 50).

1 comment:

cdroses said...

I'm down .5 for the week.
Put the Cadbury egg down! Isn't .2 about the weight of a Cadbury egg? :)
I LOVE waking up to birds chirping in the morning! I am soooo ready for Spring!
As for TLC shows...Peter Walsh makes it seem so easy! "Keep, throw or give away." I wish it was as easy as the show makes it seem.