Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mick's Point of View

I took a disposable 35 mm camera to Mick a couple weeks ago and told him to have some fun with it. He gets bored with watching TV and I know he used to like taking pictures. He captured some sunsets:







We went to church in Lyons a couple weeks ago. He remenisced about going there when we were kids and took this picture afterwards:



He seems to be doing pretty well. He really appreciates visitors or postcards. He's trying to keep track of us, (his sisters) but he asks me to "write down those names" for him and "get some pictures of them" for his bulletin board. The other day, he said; "That Shirley is quite the little gal!" and laughed. I don't know what he was remembering.

He likes to go on short outings. We went to Bancroft to the Neihardt Center; visited the Statue Garden and Indian Art Gallery in Winnebago; and the Bertrand Exhibit at the DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge. He likes walking around and looking at things and taking pictures. Scott and Lisa take him to church whenever they can.

Just thought you might all like an update.

PS: I gained 1.8 last week. It's marshmallow Peeps season. And I seem to have developed a fondness for Sonic cheeseburgers.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the update. Did you get his taxes done?

Those are pretty good pictures with a throw away camera.

My Easter downfall has always been Cadbury eggs. Probably wouldn't be such a problem if they were availaible all year. Kind of like the Christmas treats we pig out on at Christmas time that we only get then. Haven't bought any yet, but probably will and allow myself one as a treat instead of the cookies I usually indulge in with my tea in the evening.

Shirley said...

Thanks for the update. Have been wondering how it's been going.

cdroses said...

Wonderful pictures!

Anonymous said...

It — is impossible.