Monday, June 4, 2007

Making Connections

I had a funny thing happen today. It was a busy one with Alex in tow, or more like Alex with us in tow. Anyway -- I had an appt for a perm and while I was there, I got to wandering about this group of hairdressers -- there are a couple who live in Blair, and I thought it would be funny if they knew any of these people I have been reading about. Well, I never found a way to ask or make a connection, but this lady and a little girl came in and they were both getting a haircut. The hair dressers really fussed over the little girl as she was a real doll. The lady started talking about living in Blair, too. She mentioned a last name, sounded familar but I couldn't come up with any reason why. Then she said the manufacturing company -- I looked at her and said, "Are you Lisa's Mother?" Well, sure enough.
So I'm Scott's aunt, and she says "then your Janell's sister, are you Suzie?"

This kind of thing doesn't happen to me much here in the city - it's fun when it does.

5 comments:

Janell said...

COOL! Lisa's mom is such a sweetie.

cdroses said...

That's too funny. We always give Dad crap about not being able to take him anywhere, without running into someone that knows him.

We have a "Lyons connection" at church. (Mom may have told you...) Val Swanson goes to our church. I'm more acquainted with his wife, Janet. (very nice lady)

Brooke said...

I get so much crap from everyone that they can't take me anywhere without someone knowing me. Its just got worse over the years with living in Omaha.

Sue said...

The fun of having a large family -- Rosemary Kai asked if I was Shirley when we saw her at the Hiway Cafe. Do you all remember Kenny Frost? He used to call all of us "Shirley."
Sue

Sue said...

Didn't see any one I knew on vacation. The 3 ladies I left in Chicago when I got on the plane said they saw Ed McMahon. They didn't have the nerve to confront him and tell them they were from Norfolk, Johnny's hometown.
Sue