Monday, December 3, 2007

Saturday

The weather looks good for Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed. Anyone wanting some elk or deer burger, bring a cooler. I guess if it cold, you trunk will act as a cooler.
I had to put the cherry bing bars in the freezer and I made the star cookies yesterday. I better freeze them too so I don't eat all of them.
The weather here last weekend was bad. The sleet started around 3 am. Then we had a little of everything - rain, freezing rain, snow, wind - everything but sunshine.
The ice ended up being about 1" thick so it is a good thing we cancelled. We had elk roast for Sunday supper.
I took advantage of the cancellation and did some Christmas shopping. I made a pretty good dent in my list. During the afternoon it got really slushy where there is a lot of traffic. On the side streets, sidewalks and driveway it was really hitonius. We ventured out to our friends house to watch the volleyball girls and the big XII game on the big screen. GO HUSKERS.
Sunday I looked out at the ice still clinging to the trees and the icy streets and decided God would forgive me for not venturing out. I stayed home and baked cookies and did laundry. Jerry finally got the ice off the windshield of his pickup. I'm sure glad I have a garage.
Sue

1 comment:

Janell said...

I'll be bringing a cooler! And some venison steak tips in some kind of a sauce - haven't made up my mind yet. I'll also plan on bringing some baked beans. I think all four of us will be able to come.