Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Saturday

Now the forecast is for snow flurries and cold. It changes every day. Let's hope that we can go on with our get together. I have my last elk roast thawing out. May have to change the menu to elk stew or chili. I will need some extra silverware if someone can bring some. Also some folding chairs.

Last Saturday we ended up with about an inch of ice on the driveway. I have been working on getting it off. Only have about half of it cleared and now it is cold and threatening again today. One of the weather myths (or not) is that 90 days after fog we will have moisture. If I remember right, we had a lot of foggy days in September. I do find this cycle to be very close to the truth.

Cindy & I leave Wednesday afternoon for Sacramento so am watching the weather for that day too. If it looks like it might be iffy on Wednesday, Shirley, can I sleep on you couch Tuesday night?

Do you realize Jesus was probably not born in December? The fact that the shepherds were in the fields is a good indication that it was probably warmer weather.

Sue

4 comments:

cdroses said...

Happy Anniversay, Mom (and Dad)!

Praying for better weather over the next couple of weeks. The way the west coast is getting hammered with a line of storm systems, I don't know about the outcome of those prayers. (Thank God, we are not getting the 10 inches of precipitation they are in WA & OR!)

I checked weather for next Weds., at least the high is in the 40s. Since we don't leave until afternoon, we shouldn't have problems getting out of Omaha.

LaDawn said...

I miss snow!

Shirley said...

Couch is open.

Sue said...

Thanks, Cindy.

Ladawn, I don't mind the snow as much as the ice. Wish you were here, you could scoop my driveway and sidewalk.

Sue