Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday misc.

Thanks for looking at my photos.  I finally got Alaska documented.  It was harder than I expected.

It is cool in the early morning when I   walk to Peets coffee in the Raley's supermarket.  I pass a pond where the Canadian geese are making stopovers.  It is so fun to see them circle the pond and make their landings.   I have noticed; the students on their way to the high school do not even look at the pond let alone the show the geese put on.

Now--this afternoon, Nebraska made the BBC/World news on NPR--regarding the child abandonment law that was recently passed in Nebraska.   Who put the age 19 on that law?  What were your legislators thinking?

3 comments:

Shirley said...

No one is saying. Seems to me they just didn't read the whole law before they passed it. I'm not sure it specifically says 19 years old, just says "child."
Today the Governor says he will call a special session to get it fixed before next year, if there are anymore coming from out of the state. Sad stories about these kids.

Shirley said...

Bob liked the raven in the mt shasta picture too - nice touch!

cdroses said...

Tell PJ "8 more days 'til Halloween!" (aka Happy birthday!)