Thursday, April 12, 2007

Has this happened to you?

No one talks loud enough anymore. Everyone is mumbling or talking too fast and I can’t understand them. I always have to say, “Beg pardon?” or “Excuse me?” and get them to repeat it.

My thumb joints hurt almost all the time. I can’t grasp a pickle jar tightly enough to twist it off anymore.

There is never enough light on the book I am reading or the sewing I’m doing. There is no longer a ‘close enough’ or ‘far away enough’ to get so that things will come into focus.

My ankles are permanently lumped where I’ve sprained them and I have a callous the size of a horseshoe nailhead on my left foot that never stops hurting.

If I sleep on my side, my hips wake me up with aching. If I sleep on my back, I wake myself up with snoring.

So, what’s next?
JRC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes -- most of them except the callous one. Next -- the M word.
Shirley

LaDawn said...

This post gives me the courage to post one I've written but been too cowardly to post. Watch for it.

Menopause - Just Say No! Won't do you a damn bit of good but at least you'll go down fighting!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you really want to know what is next. How about carpel tunnel surgery (2) and rectocele surgery (2) in the past
year?
Sue

Myrnagj said...

Just look forward to PMZ--post menopapusal zest!

At least there is a truck load of information that was not available when I thought I was going crazy and falling apart.

Janell said...

Okay - bring it on!
Going down fighting sounds better than going out whining and whimpering.
I think I'll skip the surgeries. I'd tell my Dr. about the hip aches, but I'm afraid he'll make me get new ones.
PMZ? hadn't heard of that one before. By the way, maybe you really WERE going crazy and falling apart? Just kidding :)

LaDawn said...

You girls make me laugh! Or maybe I'm going crazy.....