Friday, April 27, 2007

TGIF

We ended up with about 2 inches of rain over the course of the week, so I guess I’ll spend at least part of my weekend mowing. I also have a small garden spot that needs tilling, so I’m hoping it will stay dry, as predicted. It’s still getting cold enough at night that I’m running the furnace for a little while in the mornings. Just enough to take the chill off.
Also planning to load up Bubba and take him to a friend’s house near Blair. She lives across the Highway (91) south of Dana College, so we have a path that goes up into and around Black Elk/Neihardt Park. A very nice ride. Or we might get adventurous and go into Omaha to Lake Cunningham, although there is no water in it right now. It’s drained for maintenance purposes or something. Anyway, they have nice horse trails there. One of them goes behind the three Walter Scott mansions. When I first saw them, I thought they were hotels or convention centers or something; huge brick structures with meticulously kept landscaping – and a couple of layers of high voltage barbed wire. If they weren’t such pretty buildings, you might mistake them for prisons because of the fencing.
Lucy is ready for a rider, so I am trying to get on the schedule of some friends of mine who train horses for a living. I’m hoping they can come over Wednesday and “cowboy up.” Maybe next time Sue brings grandkids over there will be two horses to ride. Mick wants to go for a ride on her, too, so I need to get in touch with him. Anybody heard from him lately?
I suppose Myrna will go dancing again and Sue will do a round of golf. Don’t know what Shirl might do, but I think she works Sat & Sun and has a couple of days off in the middle of the week. I guess I’d better get out into the world and see Wild Hogs, from what I hear. We just don’t do very many movies.
We have a potluck at church on Sunday and a pie auction, to raise mission funds. Emily always makes a Hershey pie that brings in $75.00 or so. The same lady has bought it two or three years in a row, but last time I saw her she had shed about 150 pounds, so Hershey pie may not be on her menu anymore.
Anyway, have a good weekend, everyone!
See you in June, if not before.
Love
Janell

4 comments:

Myrnagj said...

Not dancing this weekend. David and his family, Paulette and I are going to the beach and it is suppose to be a sunny, warm weekend.

Anonymous said...

Golf is definetly on the agenda for
this weekend.
Sue

cdroses said...

Good luck with the fundraiser. Our Youth Group fundraiser is in 11 days. There's a guy here called "The Waffleman", who does fundraisers by (duh) making waffles. He has something like 20 waffle irons going all at once. It's pretty cool to watch his process! He's so good, he kind of has a following in Lincoln. At the same time, we'll be holding a silent auction for items and services. Right now, we are trying to get the kids to donate "time" items, such as babysitting and lawncare, as auction items.

My weekend includes: brunch with buddies, Bible Study with high school girls, studying for and taking my Psych test, writing a "remembering" test (I hope I don't forget this...just kidding! lol)and usual church activities on Sunday.

LaDawn said...

WOW! You ladies all sound very busy!