Friday, July 13, 2007

Bargains

When I redid my Windmill flower bed this spring, I spent a lot of money at Earl May.
Therefore I had some $15.00 worth of coupons to spend in July or August. I am not one to pass up a bargain so I took my "money" and headed to their nursery. I found a miniature rose bush that was originally $19.99. It looked like it could use some TLC so I took it to the counter and said "you aren't really going to charge me $19.99 for this plant are you?". The manager said 25% off and then looked at it and said make that 50%. With my coupons I got it for $5.00. (you can only use up to 1/2 the price with the coupons). I am hoping it will perk up in it's new home. I also bought some red begonias to plant in a planter which previously had petunias in it. The petunias were looking real droopy. Had to be red because they sit under a red water pump. No where else to plant anything. You got to be kidding. I have a lot of pots in the basement. I haven't had a spider plant for awhile so I bought one of them to put out in my sun porch. My bargain - about $30.00 worth of plants for about $10.00 after the coupons were deducted.
Shirley, you can still plant stuff in July.
Sue

3 comments:

Janell said...

LOVE those bargains. I'll bet your mini-rose will thrive with your TLC.

Shirley said...

Don't tempt me.

LaDawn said...

You are one hot bargain hunter!