Friday, July 13, 2007

Family history

I found this in my “archives.”

March 27
Thursday
8:00
1975
Dear Grandma,
How are you? I am fine. *Dad came home yesterday. I can’t wait tell Jenell comes home. Can you wait untel she comes home? I thought her target practice was neet. Who is your pastor in church?
Dad is going to leave just about 10. He’s going to Utica New York. We don’t see him very much. I liked the roast on Sunday. It was deeleshes. I hope when we go to your church again we can have it. And when Jenell comes home we can have it too. Well I better say good-by. Write back soon.
I better say God bless you.
So good-by.
God bless you.
Love,
Tammie.

Is that precious or what? (I was in Basic Training at the time)

*Note: Dad is a trucker.

4 comments:

Janell said...

Tammie is Sue's daughter; Cindy's younger sister. I'm not sure how old she would have been when she wrote this letter to Mom. Sue will let us know.

cdroses said...

That would have been just before her 8th birthday.
I remember picking you up at the airport in Omaha. Plus your "new tattoo" :)

LaDawn said...

How old is Tammie now?

Sue said...

Tammie is 40. I really can't believe I can have kids over 40.
Sue