Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Birthdays

Janell, did you know Whoopi Goldberg was born the same day & year you were? You are much cuter though. Wonder how you would look with your hair in corn rows.
Today is Prince Charles 59th birthday. I wonder if he will ever get to be king.

Dad would have been 95 today. About a year before Dad died Jerry was driving to Montana and got real sick and had to be hospitalized with pneumonia in Winner, SD.
When he was released, I had to drive there to pick him up. The girls were not in school yet so I left them with Mom, and Dad went with me. Sometimes we wonder why things happen. I have no doubt this happened so I could have some time with my Dad.
I don't think I ever spent that much time alone with him in my entire life. His life ended the following fall.

Today is Joe's 35th birthday. Even though he dealt us fits when he was a teenager, he is doing quite well for himself today.
Sue

3 comments:

Janell said...

Yes, I knew Whoopie was born the same day as me. She brags about it all the time... okay not really. I was thinking about Dad today, too. I did not remember Jerry getting sick in SD, tho. That must have been a nice drive with Dad. And I hope Joe had a good bday - he's a good man.

Shirley said...

I stopped and took a moment to figure out the 95 number today, too.

Sue said...

I don't have to do much figuring to figure Dad's age. Just add 60 to whatever Joe is. His due date was the 15th. I think I just willed him to be born a day early.
Sue