Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thanks, Janell

What a wonderful day at Janell's. We got to meet relatives of Randy that Janell has connected us with through our Blogs. The food was great. The conversation was fantastic. Only one hitch - one rider was bucked off of Lucy. He was not seriously injured and really took it as a sport. It was so great to meet LaDawn, Brook, Stephanie, and others that I feel like I have come to know through the blogs. Also
Smitty, the former jockey, that rode for Gramps a long time ago. I'm sure the fun and reminiscing is continuing at the Carson family reunion today. I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Thanks again Janell, Randy and Jack. Sorry we missed you, Emily.

To the Nebel's, sorry about Milo.

Another odd coincident. This morning in church one of the hymns sung during communion was "I Love to Tell the Story." Which was always one of Mom's favorite hymns. I had to wipe away a tear thinking of her.

3 comments:

Janell said...

Sue thanks for your kind words. I am so glad we were all able to get together. We'll do it again at avery opportunity.

Another one of Mom's favorites was "What a Friend We Have in Jesus". I usually get the lump in my throat at the second line "All our sins and griefs to bear...." and the tears start with "Oh what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear. All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer." One of the last times she looked me in the eye and showed a sign of recognition was when I was singing that song for her at St. Joseph's.

cdroses said...

YES! A great big Thank You to Janell and Randy for hosting, yesterday!

I agree about "I Love to Tell the Story," it makes me think of Grandma, too. "The Entertainer" is the ringtone on my phone. When I was going through the pre-loaded ringtones, I heard that, and immediately thought of Grandma. There are a couple of songs, when played on the piano at church, I think of her right away, too.

Brooke said...

I agree thanks Janell and Randy. It was great meeting the rest of your family.