Friday, August 8, 2008

08/08/08

Only once a year do we get to write a date like 888.
I gained .2 this week. Only got in a couple of nights of exercise. I really notice the difference because it seems harder to go the distance.

Joe & Angie went to Sturgis for a few days. Jacob went to Windsor, Co. Abby just got back from Europe. Cindy, Jaydee and Kendra to Ariz & Portland. Myrna & PJ are in Alaska. Lots of people travelling. My friend Donna and I are going all the way to Omaha Mon-Weds to play in a golf tournament.

We could really use some rain in this area. Running the sprinklers just isn't the same as rain.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

As some of you know, I won't blog about my weight loss journey as the world wide web doesn't need to know that much about me. I will, however, share some thoughts from one of my Boot Camp fitness leaders:

THOUGHTS TO PONDER ~Borrowed from Marty Kliewer, Lincoln Berean Church Fitness Plus Instructor

☼Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile, it’s the ultimate anti-depressant.

☼Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

☼When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: “My purpose is to _______ today. I am thankful for ________.”

☼Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

☼Try to make at least three people smile each day.

☼Eat breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a Princess and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

☼Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.

☼Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

☼Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else does.

☼Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

☼Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”

☼What other people think of you is none of your business.

☼Forgive everyone for everything.

☼However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

☼Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

☼No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

☼Remember you are too blessed to be stressed.

☼Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for ______________. Today I accomplished _____________.

Janell said...

HAve a safe trip to Omaha, Sue. I gained 1 this week.

Tammie; great words of wisdom. Thanks for posting them here.