Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas, Part Last (?)

Here’s what I know about The Gatewood Christmas 2008:

Meet at Scott & Lisa’s at 5 PM.

Bring a White Elephant for gift exchange. No dollar minimum or maximum. We can count on each other to be sensible.

Scott will pick up Mick. I’ll find something at his house to bring for his White Elephant.

We are doing a brunch menu, even tho it’s early evening.

I will bring a ham roast and Swedish pancakes.
Shirley’s bringing fruit salad.
Cindy’s bringing potato casserole.
Lisa is providing coffee and other drinks.
Jon & April: A fabulous, outrageously decadent dessert.
I forget what Sue said she was bringing.

I think the head count is:
Sue, Jerry, Cindy, Jaydee, Kendra, Mick, Shirley, Bob, Jon, April, Cassie, Alex, Adam, Randy, Janell, Jack, Scott, Lisa, Faith, Bob, Grady = 21
Sue; any word from Chantelle?
Deb’s family: Maybe (4)
Brad: Maybe (3)
Who did I forget? (Don’t say I forgot Emily. She has a wedding rehearsal on Saturday.)

AND FYI:
Shannon and her four kids plus Amber and her son, Parker, will be coming from Indiana to Nebraska December 27-January 3. Please help me find a time and place for them and Mick to meet with each of our locals while they are here. It wouldn’t necessarily have to be all at the same time and place. For example, could they come to Sue’s in Norfolk on Friday January 2? Maybe to Shirley’s on her day off? Could Bob help them get to the zoo on one of the weekdays? I will be with them over the weekend of 27-28. Could Cindy meet them in Fremont on one of those weekdays? They’ll be staying at Mick’s old place in Oakland until the 31st and then at a guest house in Lyons until they go home.
Any ideas?

4 comments:

Sue said...

I am bringing an ambrosia fruit salad.

Friday the 2nd will work. Let me know what time.

cdroses said...

Maybe the afternoon of the 27th or 28th. The 3rd is the day after the Middle School lock-in (aka "no sleep"), so not the best of "functioning" days.

Anonymous said...

i read it

Lisa G said...

hello everyone