Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting home

COLD,  Yes, Reno was cold this morning.  I waited until the sun warmed the ice on my windshield to start the drive home.  I expected to have to put on chains to get across the mountains.  I didn't have to.  I arrived home safely.

From Cold Springs Valley, NV I drove to Natomas, CA across the Sierra Nevada mountains. 
I-80 is the route and today, after a winter storm passed through, the road was wet and sloppy with a temperature hovering near 25F until I was 50 miles from home.  Not the best conditions, but the sun was shining.   The ugly road wandered through a white, blue and green winter wonderland. 

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Glad to hear you got home ok.

Sue said...

25 would feel like a heat wave. It was -10 this am. Jacob had his school program last night, When Jerry got home he said the road was really bad. There had been a 6-car pile up at an intersection just on the edge of Norfolk so we opted to stay home.
Glad you made it home.

Janell said...

Okay, the furnace at our store was down yesterday; absolutley NOT working when the outside temp was 5 below. Today was 5 above. I didn't feel the improvement. I shouldn't complain, but I do anyway. MERRY CHRISTMAS!