Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

I hope everyone is doing exactly what makes you happy on this Christmas Day. 

I have a little story for you.

Santa stopped at my place last Friday, at dusk.  I heard boots on the stairs and the doorbell rang.  The boots were retreating by the time I opened the door.  (No I didn't see him)  The truck roared away as I spied the little tan box on the floor by my door.

Inside the box, a red bag  and card from Janelle.  In the bag I found unshelled nuts, hard candy of the old fashioned kind.  A perfect round orange completed the gift.

Oh, no, I thought: I gave away my nutcracker, but here it was in the back of a drawer I cracked open a pecan.  Thank you Janelle

P.S.  I filled the red bag with the canned food I was taking to a food drive--the gift travels on.


1 comment:

Janell said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you're letting the gift travel on!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

It's funny that you said Santa came to your front door. Last Sunday, our Pastor told the story of how his dad used to set a bear trap at the front door every Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning the 3 kids would find the trap sprung with piece of red flannel in it. His dad would always say, "We'll get him next year!"

And I'm glad you found your nutcracker.