Friday, August 17, 2007

Emily update

Emily is doing a little better each day. She's gone back to work - she sits and answers the phone - and can manage driving now. The hard part is getting in and out of doors that threaten to swing shut on her, but she’s learning how to deal with that, too. I think she only took one pain pill yesterday, after we changed the dressing. When we were done, she expressed frustration for the first time. She laid back and said, “I’m just SO SICK of this!” For the most part, she has kept up a good attitude. She sees the Doctor again on Tuesday.
We borrowed a wheelchair from our church so we were able to take her to the county fair for one sultry evening. I’ll be taking her down to UNO this Wednesday to give her a hand buying her books for the new term, which starts the 27th (I think).
I know she is very grateful for all the kind words that are coming her way as well as for the prayers that are going up for her. It helps more than you know. I get a lump in my throat every time I think about how much worse it could have been.

No comments: