Friday, August 24, 2007

Wet and bored

My cowgirl camp for this weekend was canceled because Kelli’s arena is – and I quote – “A SWAMP.” And it’s too late to sign up to go the Petersburg ride, so here I sit.

I can’t believe how much it’s rained this past week. We had almost 2 inches in the gauge this morning, but I’m not sure when the last time was it got emptied. The sun was out for awhile today. It’s not supposed to rain over the weekend, so I might get some saddle time in anyway. I will also probably put in some time pushing the lawn mower.

Emily’s improving a little each day. She’s only taking Tylenol for pain now and that just before she goes to bed. Still not allowed to put weight on it, but getting closer every day.

I found an old quilt project that I started about 5 years ago. I have 6 of 12 blocks done and then I must have gotten going on something else. It’s a sampler quilt of 12 different patterns: Sunbonnet Sue, the Butterfly, Flying Geese, Tulips, Fans – all done in 30s reproduction fabrics. It’ll be pretty if I can get it finished up. I also ran across a quilt top that I did years ago for the fabric store. It was never quilted and when Monica closed the shop she gave it to me. I think I’ll try practicing some hand quilting on that one.

How are the T-shirt quilts coming along?

3 comments:

Myrnagj said...

Just this week i finished sewing all of David's T-shirts together. There are a couple of gaps where I planned wrong so I'm filling them in. Next I will have to put it together and tie it. That will wait until October or November because I have to hold it on my lap to tie it. It's only 99 degrees today.

Sue said...

All indoor projects are put on hold in the summer months. So the t-shirt quilt is partially tied and waiting for winter weather.
Sue

LaDawn said...

I'm with Sue on this one. Quilting comes out in October unless our Indian summer is in full force which is the prediction. but given the weird weather all summer anything is possible. All the tomatoe plants got blight and we had to through them out. The pumpkins look good though!