Friday, August 31, 2007

FROM TAMMIE

Even though I said I wasn't going to get on the computer today since I don't have to, I did anyway.

I just sent one of my friends a message so here is what I told her. One of you can paste this to the Gatewood blog, since I don't want to create some log in thing right now:

I had my lasix surgery yesterday afternoon. Obviously if I'm on the Internet, I'm not blind. The procedure itself was over before I knew it. It was the freakiest thing I've ever been through, but the dr. was so nice and the one girl who was my "hand holder" walked me through every step. You hear everything going on, and the dr. is counting (45 seconds Tammie) as the actual laser does it thing. The 45 seconds was longer than a normal procedure because of my nearsightedness was so bad. I had a follow up appt. this morning and I was able to read 20/20 vision. Everything today is very fuzzy but the dr. said that will slowly wear off. It didn't hurt, and my eyes are a little tired and dry today. I have 3 different eye drops to use, one drop every hour of some sort for the next week. I can't wear makeup until next week, but I'm off work so hey, why wear make up around the house? But everything went fine, and according to the dr. a complete success. It is very strange not reaching for the glasses first thing in the morning and being able to see what I look like in the mirror without glasses without squinting. When I put make up on next week, it'll be the first time I won't have to use a hand-held mirror up to my nose to see what I am doing since I was so nearsighted and couldn't just lean over the bathroom sink to see what I was doing.

I'd recommend it if you don't mind the debt!



Tammie Lang

2 comments:

Sue said...

I am getting smarter. I figured out how to copy & paste a comment from e-mail to our blog.
Sue

Janell said...

Good for you, Tammie! Lonnie (my boss) had that done last fall and he is still remarking on how good it is to be without glasses.
Good job, Sue!