Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Picture

I remember the day that picture on Mary’s blog was taken. We all went to Genelli Studios in Sioux City, right? I may have ridden in the car with Sue. I was hanging around with Myrna’s family: husband David and daughter Denise while the photographer was getting everyone else lined up. David must have been keeping an eye on things because at some point, he nudged me and said, “You’d better go stand by your mom, now. It’s time to get your picture taken.” It ticked me off because I wanted to stay by Denise!
Does anyone else remember anything about it?

Myrna, thanks for the package! Yes, I will get good use of it !

4 comments:

Sue said...

I really don't remember too much about the trip to get the picture taken. I do remember that Mick looked exactly the same on all the proofs.
Sue

Shirley said...

I know that no one asked me which one I liked from the proofs and that this is the last one I would have picked. I don't recall the picture taking at all, I remember getting ready at home -- it must have been chaotic.

Mary Connealy said...

We got a real deal family picture taken exactly ONCE that I remember, for Mom and Dad's twenty fifth anniversary.
I was home from college for it. My main memory of it was giving my sister Lois a hard time for wearing oh...geez...I don't know, I only know I was a know-it-all and fussed at her until she wore what I thought was appropriate and then, at the photo session the photographer kept moving her because the dress she wore had a white bodice and 'white doesn't photograph well' or whatever he said.
But poor Lois was embarrassed and I felt really insanely guilty.

Myrnagj said...

I thought we went to a studio in West Point? I've been looking for my photo to see if it has a studio name on it.