Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Lost weekend

On Frday morning as I put on my socks, I got a pain in my side. My first thought
was I pulled a muscle while lifting some boxes at work. I took a couple of Tylenol
and went about my business/ work and golf and supper/dinner out. By Saturday morning
the pain had become unbearable. Off we went to the emergency room thinking maybe
a gall bladder attack. After all the tests and x-rays it showed an impacted bowel.
It is very embarassing to have a doctor tell you that you are full of s**t. He
gave me a prescription and had me pick up a very strong laxitive at the drug store.
I was relieved that it did not require any surgery. Am feeling much better, thank
you.
We did manage to go to Menard's and Earl May on Sunday. I am going to redo one of my flower beds. The grass has taken over and it is no longer pretty. Thanks to birthday gift certificates from Tammie we had part of the project paid for.
Sure hated to miss out on the beutiful weather on Saturday, but I am sure we will
have more.
Sue

4 comments:

Janell said...

Glad you're feeling better with minimal assistance. We all knew you were full of it - you didn't have to go to the Dr. :)
janell

Anonymous said...

ouch -- it hurt to read about it --
glad you're okay.
Shirley

LaDawn said...

You need some more fruit and fiber in your diet, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

On most days I consume - grapefruit, cheerieos, prune juice,
a granola bar, a bananna, an apple
soy milk and strawberries. I don't
think the problem is lack of fruit
and fiber.
Sue