Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday already

Can you believe it? May is almost gone! Myrna, are you packed yet? Looking forward to your arrival. Did you learn how to blog on the road? It will be fun to track your progress (or lack thereof.)
I talked to Mick yesterday and he is planning to come out and spend the afternoon and supper with us on that Saturday and go to the reunion on Sunday. Did you know Crystal is engaged? To Matt, the young man who came here with her for Mom’s services. Can’t remember the date, but she is sending invitations to all of us. Randy thought we might try to go out there for the wedding.
It rained here all night and part of the morning. It was so cold and windy, Cody and I had to cut our daily walk way short. We were only out for abut 10 minutes and my clothes were soaked by the time I got back inside. It wasn’t raining when we started out, but it sure started up again after we got going.

My favorite couple won Dancing with the Stars – Apollo and Julianne. Yay. Now I can find something useful to do on Monday & Tuesday nights instead of parking my carcass in front of the TV.

Last week, I was afraid I might be going blind – things were blurry and out of focus, both up close and far away. It was about Wednesday that I discovered I had gotten my contacts switched, so the left one was in my right eye and vice verse. So I guess it’s good that I’m not going blind, but not so good that I could let that happen and just wander around out of focus for 3-4 days.

I found a disposable camera in my saddle bag last Sunday, and this was one of the pictures on it. This is from October ’05 - the Nebraska-Oklahoma game.
Huskers lost :( Sue, I think you were at that one, too?

So what’s going on with everybody?

JC

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

Love the sea of red!

Sue said...

Yah, we were there. We got there early so went down along the sideline to watch the warm ups close. We couldn't go down the NU side so went down the OU side. Barry Switzer walked by about 20 feet from where we were standing.
We have had some nice rains, too. Really needed it after all the wind we have had.
Sue

cdroses said...

What am I doing?! Trying to hang on to every ounce of sanity I have left. Trying to get my classwork done. Keeping the girls focused enough to get through the last 2 weeks of school. Trying not to let my calendar be overloaded. Counting down the days until 1) the reunion (also the first day BOTH girls go to camp!! whohoo...house to myself for a week!) 2) trip to New Mexico...I am the ONE female adult sponsor out of 4 sponsors. There are 6 girls I will be in charge of for this trip.