Friday, May 25, 2007

My 1 1/2 cents worth

I happen to catch part of "the commercial" just one time. I don't usually watch the Omaha stations - probably the reason I don't see it.

I used to go to the reunions all the time. I have cut back to just every 5 years. It got kind of boring since so few people go any longer. By the way, Janell, Jerry Connealy was in here yesterday. He bought a Focus a couple of years ago and gets it serviced here. He will be back today because he lift his prayer book in our waiting area. For those of you who don't know Jerry, he graduated with Janell, is a priest in Pierce and a chaplin at the hospital here in Norfolk.

Last night after I mowed, I planted a few zennia seeds. I had two packets to plant. They sure don't put very many seeds in a packet any more. After that I cleaned the bathroom. and then ironed for 2 hours. By nine pm. I decided it was time to read the paper and do my daily sudoku.

We plan to visit the cemeteries tomorrow morning and have breakfast in Lyons. Will be there about 8 am if anyone wants to join us for breakfast. Then we plan to go to Ashland to play a practice round of golf (weather permitting). My golf buddy, Donna, and I will be playing in a NWAGA tournament there June 18-19. Nothing special planned for Sunday and Monday. I have to get things lined up to go to No Carolina for national bowling tournament.

Still haven't got a definite answer from Jacob about going to the zoo. Myrna, if your schedule is flexible, Thursday might work better for him. Joe said they may be going to the CWS, but didn't
say what day. Still all kind of undecided. Tammie said she would like to join us, but wasn't sure about getting off on Friday since someone else was going to be off that day. Sure is hard to work around all these schedules. Will stick with the Friday plan for now. Janell, I probably won't be able to make it to your party on Saturday. Real busy schedule the next few weeks.
Sue

2 comments:

Sue said...

How come I don't notice misspelled words until they are posted. Jerry didn't lift his book he left it.
Sue

cdroses said...

No zoo for me either. Jaydee is helping with VBS that week. All of my time off is already booked, for the New Mexico trip. Even had to pass on sponsoring the Worlds of Fun trip (June 19).
If you're playing in a tournament June 18 & 19, I'm guessing you won't be playing in the fundraiser on the 22nd.
I promised the girls to go putt-putt golfing this weekend. (What WAS I thinking?!) I suck at putting, so they get a kick out of being able to beat Mom.