Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wool

Years ago, forty or more, Mom gave me a wool comforter that had been Grandma Anderson's. I have dragged it everywhere I ever moved. It covered in plain cotton and I used it on my bed and it was the cover the kids and I wanted when we had a cold or the flu. When I got my down comforter I put this aside because the cover was thin and frayed. I thought of covering it with satin or silk or something. I didn't, I just kept storing it. When I moved last December I decided it would be the last move, unless I could think of a use for it.

In March, browsing the farmer's market in Davis I met Jane Deamer the owner of the Yolo wool mill. I asked her what I could do with the wool besides cover it. She said it might be possible to spin it into yarn. A few weeks later I took it to her at the mill and she washed it, added two pounds of new wool and yesterday I picked up twenty skeins of yarn.

NOW WHAT?

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

Get busy knitting! Ah, the possibilities.....

Janell said...

Is that enough yarn for an afghan? Don't you knit and/or crochet?
JC

Shirley said...

All of these projects I have here sitting unfinished and you want me thinking of one for you? Not likely that I would come of with anything, but what color is this?