Thursday, May 24, 2007

vacation

NO, I'm not packing yet. I have been trying to get a number of tasks done that would test the patience of a five-year-old and his grandmother. Skyler comes to stay with me starting Monday. He will go to school with me and stay in our on-site baby sitter for the student's children. He will also get to go to our end of year party and staff lunch. He may get to go to school with Paulette the next week and we will both join Paulette's class at a Rivercats game.

That said, Paulette and I got new cell phones, bi-annual renewal of contract. I bought a new digital camera. My old one was too slow and I had out grown it. I got my bike tuned up well I took it for an $80 service and It is in such good shape, he oiled the chain removed a noisy plastic disk, checked the brakes and said happy riding. I'm going to get a pedicure this afternoon and drive to the cheap(er) or (est) gas station for gas. I have also been trying to put away the things I have that I find ordinary and the kids think are exotic toys. Markers that can't be around my white leather love seat. Sewing stuff, various computer and camera cables and rechargers that I leave plugged in and dangling. This morning I decided I didn't need a haircut before vacation but this afternoon I think I might. And I have to go out and ride my bicycle for the first time in my new neighborhood.

I only have four more days of school because we have a holiday on Monday. Party on Wednesday, movie on Thursday and I may have to plan something academic for Tuesday because two movies would be too lazy on my part. I did show The Gods Must Be Crazy I this week over three days. Only one student had seen it and several wanted to know where they could buy it. I now own a copy--the first video I have purchased.

Oh yes, Blogging on the road...I am developing a website that I hope we can access from Paulette's Ibook to update. I don't think it will be a problem. That way I can put photos up. I haven't figured out how to get photos from Iphoto to blogger.com. Don't try to find the site, because it hasn't been uploaded yet.

1 comment:

Janell said...

You don't have time to pack! Maybe you should just come on out on your bicycle?
JC