Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stormy Sunday

It started yesterday afternoon; rain and more rain.   There was a high wind warning or watch for this part of California.  I waited all day for the wind to gust to 55 or 60 mph.  The wind started but never gusted to the speed predicted.  This morning the rain is falling and falling.  I have been watching the storm move from San Francisco where they did have some strong wind with their rain.  It looks like we will have a little rain all day but the storm will pass Sacramento by noon today.  

Because I stayed home I have almost finished a less-than-two-minute video of Sterling on her first birthday.  I find I can focus on the process of editing as long as I use to work in a darkroom.  (That would be three to four hours.) I've been looking for the best  background music.  Now I'm ready to get back to the longer road trip video.

Time to go out for the Sunday papers.


2 comments:

Janell said...

It started raining here about 4 this morning and has been raining/snowling all day. Very messy.

Sue said...

Monday it was a balmy 36 degrees when I came to work. Shortly after I got here, it started raining. Then the temp started dropping and it turned to snow. By the time I went home it was about 24 and the rain/snow had left a coating of ice on the streets. Can't really say the weather here is boring.
Today we had sunshine and snow at the same time. No accumulation. Better days are ahead.
Sue