Friday, March 23, 2007

3/23/07

I just finished reading Pettycoat Ranch. Really easy reading and hard to put down even though
the story was kind of predictable for an old west novel. Am looking forward to seeing her on
April 14 when she has her book signing at the Abby here in Norfolk. Kind of nice to be able to
claim connections with a celebrity.
Anyone read any good mysteries lately? I read while I am walking on the treadmill. If I have a
good book to read, I get a better work out. Now that the weather is nice, a walk around the
neighborhood over my lunch hour is much more pleasant that on the treadmill in the basement.
I do try to get to the treadmill in time to watch Jepardy. I feel really smart when I can answer
a question none of the contestants know. Some of the question writers are from Nebraska so
they throw in some questions about our state once in a while. They had a series on the HD zoo
one day and filmed some footbal questions at Memorial stadium in Lincoln.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Sue

3 comments:

Janell said...

I don't know of any good mysteries, but did you ever read The DaVinci Code? I tried to and it jsut didn't grab me. I haven't been able to get Petticoat Ranch. I ordered it at a store in Fremont, but they are so slow getting it, I might come up and get it in Norfolk and see her when she's there.
love,
janell

Myrnagj said...

Borders in Natimas has Petticoat Ranch.

And Yes, Cindy I did move to Sacramento. It is an area that is totally new since you were here. I live in North Natomas. Some days I think it looks too raw. I am about two miles north of Arco Arena. During NCAA finals the Goodyear Blimp flew over my house.

Myrnagj said...

Sue, have you read any of the Nevada Bar mysteries?
I like them. I read the Divinci Code, started slow but then I had to know what came next. I read a couple of other books by Dan Brown, can't remember the names of them now. P.D. James is a woman who writes mysteries Some are great others not so good.